The External Credentialing and Licensing Manager is responsible for motivating, overseeing and leading the External Credentialing and Licensing Department. The external credentialing and licensing department are essential in supporting the privileging and licensing for provider placements across the country and is an integral part to the success of Hayes Locums.
- Manages and develops external credentialing and licensing staff to ensure high level of service is provided to our internal and external customers
- Manages and develops external credentialing and licensing staff to ensure risk is mitigated through expert privileging and licensing support
- Manage department performance evaluations and personnel issues
- Provides guidance to team leads, and direct reports, related to a variety of Medical Staff issues and operational goals
- Works with Team Leads to develop and implement effective onboarding and training
- Holds monthly one on one meetings to solicit feedback and provide support to employees
- Develops and implements standard workflows, monitoring and reporting of KPI’s for the External Credentialing and Licensing Departments.
- Responsible for department process optimization
- Interacts cross-departmentally to ensure collaboration and alignment to organizational goals
- Establishes client-tailored protocols and templates to ensure a customized/ personalized experience for customers
- Develops and facilitates customer service surveys.
- Works closely with the Director of Customer Experience in developing policies and procedures related to the external credentialing and licensing department
- Prepares and maintains reports to ensure efficiencies and high level of service is being executed
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years in a leadership or team lead position
- 5 years or more of delivering exceptional customer service
- 3 years or more of experience in credentialing; experience in licensing is an asset.
- Success in motivating and driving employee performance and personnel development
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, management, staff, and contacts outside the organization
- Ability to use independent judgment to manage and impart confidential information
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments